4 workers electrocuted in Dhanusha

0 8

JANAKPUR, APR 05 – Four persons were electrocuted while working at a septic tank of a house under construction at Janakpur-16 in Dhanusha district on Saturday.

The victims got an electric shock while removing wooden planks from the septic tank of the building belonging to Manoj Kumar Yadav. Police identified the deceased as Milan Mandal Khatwe, 26, Sunil Das, 27, and Shyam Mukhiya, 30, of Janakpur-19 and Arun Kumar Sah of Aurahi-3.

Khatwe, Das and Mukhiya are construction workers. They died on the spot. Sah, who sustained critical injuries as he tried to rescue

the trio, died on the way to hospital.

According to witnesses, the workers went into the tank with an electric bulb. The incident happened as the bulb fell into water in the tank.

The deceased workers are from Shivapur in Janakpur-16.

Meanwhile, 22-year-old Bipin Sada died of an electric shock in Sonamai-2 in Mahottari district on Saturday. He was working to install a tube well.